Photo by Jeff Saxman
Responding to a request in this year’s Top Docs survey for local doctors who have become “health ambassadors” in other parts of the world, plastic surgeon Dr. Nadia Blanchet noted, “There are so many of us Richmond docs who volunteer...”
Indeed, that one survey question brought to our attention a wealth of doctors worthy of being spotlighted — so many that our feature package, over the following pages, can only skim the surface. Our local physicians are doing great things in places as far-flung as Kenya, Rwanda, Iraq, Afghanistan, Australia and the Caribbean.
- World Pediatric Project
- Midwives for Haiti
- Physicians for Peace
- Dental and Facial Surgery Volunteer Missions
- Teaching Nurse: Nancy Thompson
- Medical Student: Benjamin Nicholson
- Specialty Technician: Jenneane Henshaw
- Hospital Volunteer: David Thomas
- Administration: John Duval
To see the winners in 85 categories, check out our Top Docs 2015 winners list.
Looking for last year's list? Find the Top Docs 2014 feature here.