Happy holidays, RVA! Let's get right to it before those food comas kick in, shall we?
- Feel all warm and toasty from the inside-out because Maldini's Ristorante Italiano is serving free Christmas dinner to those in need. Tomorrow, owner Marcello Armetta and his entire family will be cooking up a Christmas buffet for homeless diners. If that doesn't fill you with holiday cheer, we don't know what will. (Richmond.com)
- There's a dim sum spot coming to Church Hill in late 2015 and we couldn't be more excited. Get to know the team behind the new venture and prepare for Chinese food, dim sum, a full bar and catering options. (Richmond BizSense)
- And Growlers To Go, the new beertopia on Boulevard, is now open! Take a look inside and try not to drool over the 200+ varieties of beer now available to you. (RVAnews)
- Richmond garnered even more national praise this week, making CNN's latest travel list of "7 up-and-coming foodie destinations." (CNN)
- Looking for New Year's Eve dining plans? Here's a solid roundup of restaurants open on the holiday, complete with the many prix-fixe specials you can enjoy. (Richmond.com)
- In Richmond mag news, our January issue hits newsstands this week and our cover story, devoted entirely to Richmond breakfast and brunch, is packed with useful information. Dig a little deeper with our web extras: Beer Me: Your Guide to Pairing Beer with Breakfast and our step-by-step biscuit recipe with photos, In the Kitchen with Early Bird Biscuit Co. (Richmond magazine)
- Food Network star Alton Brown ate his way through Richmond last month and was kind enough to sit down for an interview over a cup of coffee at Lamplighter. Read our full interview here on seeking out the crazies, learning beyond the recipe, and the lost art of getting lost. (Richmond magazine)
And now, SOME EVENTS:
- Tonight, Dec. 24, there's a Lickinghole Creek steal-the-glass tasting event at The Halligan Bar & Grill over in Short Pump, where you can avoid awkward family interaction by slugging Spiced Quad 12th Night. (Halligan Bar & Grill)
- Stumped on what to make for your hungover holiday guests on New Year's Day? This Saturday, Southern Season offers a New Year's Day Buffet cooking class that should point you in the right direction. (Southern Season)
Until next time, eat all the things.