One of the best home décor trends of the last decade is using reclaimed wood. Recycling felled trees and old barn cladding to make furniture and floors is not only environmentally friendly, but it’s pretty cool, too. We love this rough hewn artisan aesthetic.
Wood can add undeniable warmth to any room, especially the kitchen. That’s where cold finishes can dominate, with stainless and stone.
Here are seven modernly rustic fixtures we wanted to share. We think they’d warm up any kitchen, and offer another style idea on how to light up a kitchen.
1. “Grand Bank” island pendant in auburn by Kichler, $902, Virginia Wayside Furniture
2. Wine barrel pendant, $349, Pottery Barn
3. “Lumiere” natural oak island pendant light by Feiss, $1,019, Shades of Light
4. “Orinda” pendant by Jeffan International, $212, Wal-Mart
5. “Middlefield” six light chandelier by Fredrick Ramond, $1,319, Atlantic Electrical
6. “Cesto” eight-light wood chandelier by Eurofase, $1,078, Ferguson
7. Large wood bead chandelier, $270, World Market