1. InLight Richmond arts event, by Steve Hedberg
2. Westland Shopping Center sign on West Broad Street, by Gillian Bowman
3. A tall bike on Parkwood Avenue in the Fan, by Justin Vaughn
4. Virginia State Capitol, by Steve Hedberg
5. A bird's eye view of Richmond taken from a Cessna, by Jackie Brown.
6. Dancer at Greek Food Festival, by James Dickinson
7. Sign outside of Sticky Rice advertising tater tots, a customer favorite, by Allison Throckmorton.
8. A rainy day on Cary Street, by Ronaldo Jardim
9. Silhouette of Indiana Jones at Balliceaux's Halloween party, by Adrienne Weaver
10. A look across the Boulevard Bridge (aka the Nickel Bridge), by Colleen Renaye
11. Old City Hall, by Brittany Klug
12.A happy dog, Toby, romps down a hill next to the downtown floodwall, by Caron Leonard.
13. The James River, photographed during a morning run, by Tanya Pietila
14. 2012 Virginia State Fair, by Corey Staley
15. J.E.B. Stuart statue on Monument Avenue at dusk, by Tyler Trumbo
16. 17th Street Farmers Market before a summer jazz festival, by Alix Hines
17. Can Can Brasserie in Carytown, by Isaac Harrell
18. Sunset view of downtown Richmond from Libby Hill Park, by Amanda Franz.
19. RVA-B-Que festival in Shockoe Bottom, by V. Lee Hawkins
20. Dylan the dog's daily run on the Buttermilk Trail, by Katie Lemmert
21. Purple martins fly over Shockoe Bottom, by Kate Andrews
22. The "derecho" storm sweeps over downtown Richmond in July 2012, by Katie DeMaio.
23. April 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race at Richmond International Raceway, by Tanya Pietila
24. Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, by James Dickinson
25. Richmond Squirrels mascot Zinger gets stuck in a doorway, by Steve Hedberg.
26. Railroad cars along the James River, by Alix Hines
27. Virginia War Memorial, by Isaac Harrell
28. Caitlin lounges in the grass near Hollywood Cemetery. The photo was taken by friend John Johnson on Caitlin's smart-phone camera.
29. Jessie Durbin's former roommate, Colleen, picks a leaf in the Fan on a fall Saturda, by Jessie Durbin.
30/31. Elena and Mary Dickinson watch the Fourth of July fireworks at The Diamond, by James Dickinson.
32. The end of an era at the Huguenot Memorial Bridge Farewell on July 1, 2012, by Kerry Bennett.
33. A December afternoon along the James River with daughter Olivia, by Alex Ginsberg-Whitbeck
34. Patrick Dougherty's twig sculpture at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, by David O'Bryan
35.The Richmond skyline captured from a kayak in the James River near Brown's Island, by Grace Wilson
36. The view from a horse-drawn carriage during Ginter Park House Tour in autumn 2012, by John Haddad
37. RVA Fashion Week, by Susan Winiecki
38. Kerry Bennett checks out the fall colors outside a mausoleum overlooking the James River in Hollywood Cemetery, by Josh Bennett.
39. A street artist at work on the Canal Walk, by Mollee Sullivan
40. Railroad bridge at sunset, by Brandon Fox
41. Community painting during Second Street Festival, by Fancy Greenwood
42. A Segway tour in Hollywood Cemetery, by Lacee Simmons
43. C.F. Sauer's sign on West Broad Street, by Steve Hedberg
44. The Sleigh Bells in concert at The National, by Lauren Cunningham
45. Celebrating the Zombie Walk at Galaxy Diner in Carytown, by Christina Daniel
46. Joey and Annie on the North Bank Trail, by Katherine Dolvin